Sunday, October 09, 2011

how'd I do that?

I wanted a top to go with this pretty flower and stripe pattern, and I had a hunk of solid lavender, so I cut some squares and got to work. I've done this snowball/nine-patch combination quite a few times. Which doesn't explain how I got the placement of prints and background in the nine patches backwards and didn't make the design I thought I was making!

You'd think I would've noticed when I laid out the first few blocks for my design wall Monday post, but nope. I didn't figure it out until I put the top together. I've got a different lavender solid and plenty of the backing, so maybe I'll go ahead and make the version I meant to make.



No fabric to report as used up this week, but I did finish two little quilt tops that'll be part of next week's total if I can keep from getting sick again.

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 54 yards
Added this Week: 30 yards
Added Year to Date: 1011 yards
Net Added for 2011: 957 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 6640 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 14075 yards
Net Added for 2011: 7435 yards

There are still a couple of days to enter my vintage sheet giveaway.

2 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

Are you starting a store? 957 yards - I know there is a lot of beautiful fabric out there. You must be lucky enough to be where you can find it all. None used this week - yep, sometimes one must stop and quilt them before making any more. That's going to be a lovely quilt.

Melanie said...

I know you said the quilt wasn't working out the way you imagined, but it's really pretty! What a happy accident!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails