Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Vintage Sheets!

I'm a guest-blogger over at The Vintage Sheets Blog today.

While I was digging through my sewing room to find the sheets for the picture, I came to a conclusion. I've got a lot of sheets. I never did find the blue ones or the green ones. And, while I'm not in any hurry to use them all up, I should get them more organized.

While I was going over the white sheet, looking for a tag I thought I'd seen earlier, I was startled by this:



Now I'm trying to decide if it was embroidered by my Aunt Molly, or by a total stranger who just happened to share her name and habit of labeling every bit of linen. And if it did come from my Molly, if I'm obligated to keep the sheet intact.

And, because I love any excuse for a giveaway, I'm sharing some of my sheet collection:



It's a matched set of twin sheets, one flat and one fitted (no pillowcases.) They're clean and in reasonably good condition -- no tears or stains that I can find, but there's wear and fading in the center of the fitted sheet.

To enter, just become a follower (or let me know if you're one already) and leave a comment letting me know what you'd do with them. I'll pick a winner from comments left before 11:59PM October 10 and get them sent off.

12 comments:

Gill said...

I'm a follower!
I'd love to make a picnic quilt from these and other vintage sheets!

Debra said...

Following.
I am stacking fabrics for my daughters quilt, she loves greens and other earthy tones. Would love to win this.
Thank you for the opportunity.

tara said...

I am a follower. Today i bought 3 sheets and 2 pillowcases to add to my stash. I have made about 4 sheet quilts. Love them. With 3 girls i am always usimg them for dresses, curtains and blankets

Denise :) said...

I'm a follower -- and it just so happens that I *need* a set of sheets! What a perfect moment! LOL! And I love the embroidered "Molly" - definitely a keeper. :)

Jo said...

I follow...My daughter is a vintage sheet girl and she would LOVE them. Congrats on being featured.

Becky said...

I'm a follower of your blog:) Love the color of these green sheets. I've begun collecting vintage sheets. I hope to make a quilt top with just vintage sheets. Thanks!

pcflamingo said...

I am a follower. I have absolutely no bright green sheets at all....a few soft florals but no brights.

Skooks said...

I have super gotten into using vintage sheets to make quilts and things lately. I would love to get my hands on these!! My stash of green is almost nil.

https://quiltingatthecottae.blogspot.com/ said...

Great ideas, and would love a win. am a follower too and you are on my favs on my blog!

qltmom9 said...

OOOOooohhh...I love that green! I'd love to win. I am a follower.~

Lucy~

Michele, a distracted quilter said...

I read your guest post with great interest. Thanks for opening my eyes to the potential of vintage sheets.

Lee said...

I am follower and would love to make a quilt with vintage sheets for our cottage. thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails