Saturday, January 09, 2016

Well, That Almost Worked...

While I was waiting for Teenage Daughter to get home with the zipper foot (she was out of town making a dress for a friend and technically it is the foot that came with her machine and therefore hers not mine), the next post in the Zip a Bag tutorial series was published. 

I read the instructions and I got scared. For the past couple of decades, zippers have been high on my list of things I-don't-want-to-do-and-you-can't-make-me.  A woman can get through her entire life and make a couple hundred quilts and knit a bunch of lace shawls and pairs of socks without having to sew a single zipper, right?

But I've been determined to keep up with this tutorial series and conquer this zipper thing once and for all. If I still don't want to do them after that, I don't have to. (I suspect I'll want to.)

I pulled out some fabric and a zipper that was roughly the right size and made my way through the instructions step by step. I've got a bag to show for it -- 


There's an owie at each end of the zipper, but I can see why it happened and know how to avoid it next time. Instead of ripping this one out to make it right, I think I'll just move on to the next bag in the series. I can always salvage this zipper later if I decide that I really want it for something. 


2 comments:

Toni Macomb said...

Good for you continuing to challenge yourself!

DeAnna said...

Good try on the zipper. It's not that bad once you do it correct a couple of times. Cute little pouch.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails