Thursday, December 11, 2014

Meet Katy!




I don't throw away fabric. Actually I do, sometimes, but it's a rare thing unless the fabric is seriously nasty or damaged beyond use. A few dots of ink or glittery fingernail polish? I can and will cut around that! 

This piece has been knocking around the sewing room for a few years now. Must've come in one of the thrift store bags because I wouldn't have bought it, not even at super low clearance prices. It's not THAT ugly, but it wasn't going to make the kind of quilts I want to make. 


So I separated the squares, which of course weren't printed exactly on the grain. They did measure just a hair over two inches, so that part worked out okay. 


And then I pieced them together into the kind of quilt that I did want to make. Ridiculous and tedious and I'm not sure I'd do it again anytime soon, but it was a fun little challenge.


I bound the edges with what was left of the fabric and backed it with the same little dots I used for Ansel.

For more finishes, check out  Sew Much AdoFinish it Up FridayCan I get a Whoop Whoop? , and Freedom FridaysWonderful at Home, and Inspired Friday.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Great way to use up fabric! Some child will love your quilt.

Kat said...

This is so pretty! I absolutely love it :)

jirons42 said...

I'm sure nonquilters would just shake their heads but I love what you did.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A lovely finish! and what a great way to use up some fabric! Linda

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

It's so cute! Great job at making something beautiful out of something, well, not!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails