Saturday, December 20, 2014

Just what I needed!

The last time we stayed at my parents' vacation place in Sisters, I was eyeballing a little tole painted crock on a kitchen shelf. Mom had painted it, obviously, but I didn't recognize it from my childhood. Hubby has been watching for old crocks at estate sales (and the ones we do find are always cracked or overpriced -- or both) so I've had them on the brain for a while. And I've had tole painting on the brain since I read Fatal Brushstroke a couple of months ago. 

I forgot about that little crock until I was over at Mom's house and she wanted me to take a look at something. It was destined for Goodwill...unless I wanted it....but I didn't have to take it...

That little crock from the Sisters house has a twin! 


Now it lives with me in my sewing corner and holds my rotary cutter and pens and long skinny stuff. What are the odds that there were two of them? (High, because Mom made a lot of duplicates for my grandmothers.) AND that she gave me one just after I noticed the other, which I've probably walked past every time I've been in that house.

3 comments:

CathieJ said...

That crock is so sweet. A perfect place to round up your sewing tools.

harknessangels said...

Adorable crock!

Dar said...

That is so cute. You are lucky to have found it's twin and put it to good use. Merry Christmas to you.!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails