Monday, October 24, 2011

Design Wall Monday



Here are the first two of the blue sheet baby quilts.

My little helper insisted on laying out the last two blocks himself, but you get the idea. My older helper walked past and thought it was going to be one quilt with a churn dash border around a nine-patch center. I think I like that idea and will try it later with a different background and scrappier fabrics to make it more of an everything-goes scrap quilt.

One quilt leads to the next, which leads to the next...

To see more design walls, head over to Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

Jo said...

I am STILL loving these scrappy churn and dash blocks. I think that blue is amazing. I am going to try to find a Kona a similar color.

Denise :) said...

He's got a great eye -- I think I like the idea of the churn dash border of the nine patch center, too!! :)

Mary said...

Yea for Little Helpers! Passing the Quilting Bug along to the Next Generation.

carol fun said...

Those scrappy churn dash blocks are so cool -- I love this idea and will definitely file it for a project in my future -- thanks for the inspiration!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great looking blocks and a helper too! How fun.
Quilting by the River

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails