Friday, October 21, 2011

the accidental purple quilt



The accidental purple quilt is quilted and bound. I was planning to go back and make the quilt I thought I was making once this was done, but now I'm thoroughly distracted by that blue sheet and my plans for it.

I'm glad I dragged my feet a bit once the top was done. The fabric I planned to use as a backing, just to get it used up and out of my stash, will be much better for the blue sheet quilts.

This post is linked to Finish it up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts and Can I Get a WHOOP WHOOP? at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

10 comments:

krisgray said...

Very pretty finish! Funny how our quilting plans change, isnt it?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Congrats on Finishing it! Quite pretty ;-)

trish said...

I love your title! :o)
I have an "accidental yellow quilt" that still needs finishing. :o)
Great job! :o)

Miri said...

Lovely! I love your colors! This is one of my favorite patterns...easy to do and it looks terrific!

Sarah Craig said...

That is so cute! Is it just snowball blocks and 9-patch blocks? I love it! Whoop whoop!!

Anonymous said...

Love this quilt! Very whimsical!
Whoop!

beth said...

Great job!

Pattilou said...

There's something about that design that I really like! I've made about 3 or 4 and always like them. Yours is great! ...and don't you just love using up stash for backings!

Amanda Jean said...

it's a very cute finish! i like the snowball blocks combined with the 9 patches. that gives me an idea for a bunch of snowball blocks that have got me stumped. thanks for the great idea! maybe that one will actually get finished now. :)

thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

Heather said...

That's beautiful! Sometimes things become UFOs for a reason, I think. That has happened to me more than once. lol Congrats on getting it done!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails