Tuesday, April 07, 2020

House of Roses

I stitched a thing and it turns out that I absolutely love red aida. Or maybe it's just this hunk of red aida that I must've picked up at a thrift store or estate sale.  The pattern is House of Roses, a freebie I stumbled across and printed out with the plan that I'd start stitching it for Maynia. 


A week or two ago, I started seeing all of the Be Well and Stitch patterns and they motivated me to start something new and this was still on the printer because I don't print things often....

I started with a partial skein of  white floss left over from Camp Crystal Lake and when that ran out I pulled out a partial skein from the project bag where I'm still keeping the Emerald City SAL. Then I finally dug out a full skein.


Turns out you can make something pretty nifty with a piece of thrifted fabric and some leftover floss an a pattern you found online...

1 comment:

Amanda Best said...

I love this pretty piece! I have a question, I am mainly a quilter and knitter, but I am wanting to start cross stitch. This is the pattern I want to make https://auribuzz.com/2020/01/03/introducing-the-collecting-colors-sal/ and it does not say anywhere what size thread count to use, but someone said 36ct, and that seemed way too tiny. What size fabric do you think would work for this pattern for a beginner. Thank you in advance. I have followed your blog since you made the Nancy Drew quilt and I love seeing all of your projects! My email is bestbelle2010@aol.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails