Sunday, March 08, 2020

Pyramid of Skulls

I didn't know that Pyramid of Skulls was a famous painting by Cezanne, I just stumbled across the pattern when I was looking for still life cross stitch on Etsy and was drawn to the slightly creepy subject matter. And I'm so glad I did, because this is one off my favorite finishes and I'm about to start scouring thrift shops for an over the top ornate frame to display it in. 

Pattern: Pyramid of Skulls by The Art of Cross Stitch on Etsy 

Pretend that you can't see the two missing stitches. I checked and double checked and those appeared when I took pictures for the blog post. I'll have filled them in by the time you read this. At times, this project felt a bit too much like an eye exam, especially the pale skull in the center. It had Fs and Es and Ps and got a little rough on my eyes and nerves.

But it is DONE and it is GORGEOUS and I absolutely love this piece.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails