Wednesday, February 25, 2015

{Yarn Along} Slower Knitting

I haven't been able to carve out much time to work on my owl socks, mainly because I'm having so much fun piecing bottles for the Nail Polish Quilt.  I still love this project, and it'll be here once the quilt is done. 


I have found time for reading. Quit a bit of it, since it's easier to put down a book than stop knitting mid-cable twist.

Through NetGalley, I was given the chance to read an advance look at Those Girls, the upcoming thriller from Chevy Stevens. In an effort to stay safe and together, three teenage sisters plunge out of the frying pan and into the fire and it gets worse from there.Wow! This is the darkest of her books, a brutal roller coaster of a read. If the kids hadn't needed dinner, I would've read it straight through in one sitting.  If you're looking for a dark thriller, I recommend this one. But don't say I didn't warn you.

Skeletal by Katherine Hayton just confused me. Ten years after her death, Daina Harrow's bones are unearthed and the circumstances of her death are revealed through a coroner's inquest, with Daina explaining details for the reader. I enjoyed the read, but even after it was all tied up at the end, I couldn't entirely figure out what was going on.

The Boardwalk Antiques Shop contains stories by Julie Wright, Melanie Jacobson, and Heather B. Moore, all tied together by the antique shop of the title. Every piece in the Boardwalk Antique Shop comes with a detailed history, and the stories of the men and woman who buy them are even better. These three romances left me smiling -- especially the last one, where a couple does battle over a treadle sewing machine that really should belong to the both of them.

For more pretty knitting projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times.


Disclosure - The publishers provided me with review copies. 

3 comments:

swooze said...

I really like your nail polish quilt too!

Judy S. said...

Fun socks! Now to check out the quilt pattern.

Maggie said...

Cute socks! Thanks for including the book info.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails