Wednesday, April 16, 2014

{Yarn Along} Until You're Mine

What I love most about this new sock is that it's not green. I love green, I have tons of green yarn and fabric in my stash, but I really needed a change. Except for the color, these socks are identical. It's the same brand of yarn, the same needles, the same number of stitches -- but these are knitting up so much FASTER!


This is three evenings of knitting and one of those evenings didn't start until after midnight. Maybe I knit faster when I'm stressed....



With two stepsons, a husband working away from home, her own busy job, and a new baby on the way, Claudia Morgan-Brown needs outside help. Zoe seems to be the perfect choice, an experienced nanny with fantastic references. But there's something about her that makes Claudia just a little uncomfortable.

Until You're Mine by Samatha Hayes alternates chapters between Claudia, Zoe, and Lorraine, a police officer investigating a series of brutal attacks on pregnant women. Claudia and Zoe's chapters are in first-person; Lorraine's are in third-person. Sometimes it's not clear who is telling the story and I wound up guessing whether it was Zoe or Claudia based on whose "turn" it should have been, at least until a specific detail gave it away.

I enjoyed the book, but after the first few chapters I got tired of the way that Zoe's chapters made it so clear that she was hiding something. I saw a few of the twists coming, but others took me by complete surprise.

For more pretty knitting projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times and Work in Progress Wednesdays at Tami's Amis. And be sure to come back tomorrow to enter the giveaway!

Disclosure -- The publishers provided me with an electronic ARC.

1 comment:

Dar said...

fI like the color of your new yarn. Are these tube type socks that are toe up? I want to do a "fast sock pattern" too! lol
I notice you are a dpn sock person too. I was told circulars are faster. Have you tried those too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails