Sunday, March 16, 2014

Spring? Really?!

People have been talking about being anxious for Spring and I've thought they were nuts. Because in my mind, it's apparently still mid-January. All of the stuff that we're still doing to deal with the fallout from Hubby's car accident in December has been keeping me so distracted that I don't even know what month it is anymore. 

Not even the daffodils that have popped up in the front yard gave me a hint. 


But on Monday I saw asparagus at Safeway for ninety-nine cents a pound and it finally clicked. It's the middle of March! Spring is actually just around the corner...

And I'm pinning Halloween crafts for paper plate skeletons. This is seriously cute and I want one. I might not even wait until October --  my little guys could study some bones and make it a school project.

Weekly Stash Report 

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 2 1/4 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 7 yards
Net Added for 2013: 4 3/4  yards

Yarn Used this Week: 125 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 125 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 200 yards
Net Added for 2013: 75 yards

I just realized that, by cutting and pasting and not thinking anything has changed about my yarn since the previous week, I've counted the same 200 yards of yarn as added every single week since mid-January. This week's totals are correct. And I went back and fixed all of the previous weeks. If I'm going to be this good, I'm getting credit for it!

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

DeeDee said...

I remember making the paper plate skeletons with my cub scout troop and what fun it was. Enjoy your activity.

Beth in MN said...

Oh, that asparagus looks nummy!! Definitely makes a person think spring.
Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails