Monday, February 21, 2011

a little time to play with fabric

I've made a couple of asterisk blocks...



They're fun to make, and cute, but I'm not sure what to do with them now. I don't really want to make an entire quilt worth...or maybe I do. this quilt is awfully cute.

The quilter responsible for one of my thrift store scrap bags left me eighty-two half square triangle blocks to play with. I always wonder about these odds and ends. Were they extras? Was it a project she abandoned?



It was a lot of work for someone to just give up on. And now it's going to be two little lap quilts for the nursing home. I suppose it could've been one bigger quilt, but I'm thinking lap quilts this week.




While I was writing this all, my mom called to tell me about the reporter who started speaking incoherently on the air. I just want to cry for that poor woman. I thought having it happen to me in the middle of a play date (not to mention in the checkout line at walmart) was awful.

3 comments:

Cheri said...

How about a spring table runner with your asterisks? Color is a good start and they remind me of playing jacks in the spring when I was a child. Did you hear the dx on the reporter that it was migraine induced and not a stroke?

Appalachian Mercantile said...

love the scrappy HSTs. If they were smaller, that would look just like the quilt "Waste not, want not" from the book Bits and Pieces! :)

antique quilter said...

I like those first blocks, have always wanted to try them...thanks for sharing yours!

Kathie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails