Sunday, May 03, 2009

I cast on a project Friday night and actually managed to join 130 stitches in the round without twisting them, and to get the pattern established with the right number of stitches and continue the pattern through a full repeat.

Not a big deal, unless you're me and your knitting has been going horribly for the past four months.



The pattern is Square Cake, a cute little bag that was in Knitty a while back. I've been wanting to make it since the pattern was published a couple of years ago, but never got around to casting on.

The knit and purl diamonds don't show up in the picture, but I love the texture and depth they add.

Now the question is whether or not I've got enough yarn. I should have enough to make the large size as written, but I'd really like to add another pattern repeat and make it deeper.

Where's the rest of that sweater? I made a small shawl out of part of it, but there should be another ball or a sleeve or something around here somewhere. Where would I have put it?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails