Monday, May 01, 2006

At the Bird Feeder



We're getting used to lots of cute little fellas snacking at our bird feeders, but Heath was surprised when he got up this morning and found this one! I think his new name is Airforce.

The pattern is "Birdie" from Handknits for Kids by Lucinda Guy. I used leftover Caron Simply Soft for the main color and some ancient Caron Wintuk for the belly and beak. I started him because I thought he'd give me a chance to practice my finishing skills, but by the time I got the last little bird piece done, I gave in to bad lighting and impatience and the difficulty of seeing backstitching on dark blue yarn and he's probably the worst finishing I've ever done. But the kids like him. And did I mention that he's done?

Now on to the pineapple hat....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails