Monday, May 08, 2006

At 5am this morning, I was curled up on the couch in the front room (my oldest woke me up at 4:30 because she had a tummy ache, so I was up anyway) trying to figure out how to do buttonhole stitch. By the time I got to the second teacup, it was starting to look fairly presentable.



I got all three teacups outlined before the rest of the family needed me to do much of anything. And, while the babies were napping this afternoon, I took apart my sewing machine and cleaned it, which solved the nasty tension problems I've been having. That's a huge weight off my shoulders because even though I knew I could take it in to the sewing machine store, I still had the awful looming dread that it would never work right again and I'd have to use my nine year old's machine.

Now I've just got the three teapots to outline, and a whole lot of little tiny squares to piece together.

1 comment:

Bianca said...

I like this! Sewing and stuff is not my hobby... I envy the ones who are good in it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails