Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Not Like Coscto Socks

I'm knitting Bill a pair of socks, which he wants to be like the ones I got him from Costco for Christmas. I don't care if I'm supposed to put the recipients needs and desires ahead of my own, I'm absolutely not knitting a stupid pair of stockinette tube socks. He's getting ribbing and a shaped heel.

It's the nicest looking heel I've managed so far, but the foot is too long, so I'm going to have to rip it out.




Em and Emily asked about the Pixie Boots. The pattern is in 50 Baby Booties to Knit and after knitting the one, I can't get motivated enough to finish the pair. Mine isn't nearly as cute as the one in the book, and it wasn't much fun to knit. It wouldn't take long to finish the pair, but I've almost decided it would be smarter to use the leftover yarn to start a new pair of booties that are cuter and will fit my baby.

1 comment:

luvs2knit said...

The sock looks great; too bad you had to rip it out. But, he'll love the feel once they're done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails