Saturday, January 16, 2016

The Totally Useless Stitch Along




I've got a new block finished for my vintage embroidery quilt. I love crows in general, and I really like this fellow's hat.


This is my first month participating in the Totally Useless SAL.  I've been seeing it on other posts for quite a while not and thinking that it looked like a fun idea. I try to put my orts in an empty plastic cup on the table next to my stitching spot. The only difference now is that I'm putting them in a prettier container and not using it for random little bits of trash.   There are hardly any bits of thread to show, but the year is young.


I picked up the Pyrex measuring cup at an estate sale.  Judging by the kitchen I found it in, it's fairly old. I can't see myself cooking with it, since the measurements are embossed and not terribly easy to read. But it's pretty and old and Pyrex and it was dirt cheap. And now I've got the perfect use for it.

This post is linked to Slow Sunday Stitching

13 comments:

Libby in TN said...

If nothing else, I'd think the Pyrex is more stable than a plastic cup....

Auntiepatch said...

Ummmm...what is an ort?

Deb said...

I love your embroidered crow, and the old pyrex measuring cup is a great idea for your orts, I've been doing TUSAL for a few years it really helps motivate me to stitch more.

Auntiepatch an ort is those small bits of thread you snip off a project you are working on.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I use a mug that my daughter gave me that has pictures of my dog on it. It sure saves time cleaning when you try to keep them contained. More time for stitching!

Ivani said...


This is a very cheerful and very well embroidered crow.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I adore vintage kitchen glass, that pyrex container is likely worth a bit more than you think to a collector. I heard on America's Test Kitchen that pyrex was going to stop making their measuring cups with the red markings, that will make all pyrex go up in value. Keep this jewel!!

CathieJ said...

That is a great little container for your orts. The jaunty hat on the crow is perfect. Nice stitching.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

I love your crow. And he looks so dashing in that hat!

Christine B said...

Your crow embroidery is lovely! Have fun with the TUSAL! Christine x

Jenny said...

That's a cheeky looking crow!

Ellen said...

Your crow looks quite jaunty with his little hat!

FlashinScissors said...

Hi Michelle, What a happy looking crow! Lovely stitching.

I have just joined TUSAL too, although I added my fabric scraps to mine, not sure I'm meant to do that! Have fun!

Barbara xx

SuperMomNoCape said...

I love your embroidered crow. His hat gives him such character!

Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party. Aloha hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails