Sunday, January 10, 2016

My Planner for 2016



I needed a new planner for 2016. For the past couple of years, I've wound up going to Walmart and buying one exactly like the one I had the year before, which I guess is fine but I wanted something a little different, even if that was only the color of the cover.  This year I tried a few different stores and couldn't even find the kind I used last year.

So I went online and WOW! I didn't realize that planners were such a big huge deal. I found some gorgeous ones that were way out of the price range for a gal who invariably loses her planner halfway through the year and winds up writing notes on the blank pages of last year's book until she  finds it again. I want a planner with a full page for each day, not because my days are all that busy, but I wind up using the space for lists and designing quilts and all sorts of stuff. Weird system, but it's mine and I like it.

The best one I found on Amazon was for moms and had "motherhood tips and checklists included throughout publication." The sample in the description was a page of safety tips for packed lunches. I don't pack many lunches -- that's one of the perks of homeschooling. And if I did pack lunches, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't need a page in my planner reminding me to clean my cutting board after using it for raw meat.   But that's the planner that was in my shopping cart until I took one last look at the grocery store and found a planner with a separate page for each day.

Last Sunday night, I pulled it out to transfer the important stuff from last year's calendar and realized  that it has a page for each day, but there are no actual calendars. How did I not see that? There's also no page for phone numbers -- but there's a list of all of the holidays for the next two years. I don't have the energy to take it back and I kind of want to have a planner right now, so I'm going to print out some calendar pages and glue them in on the pages for October thru December of 2015.

I have a feeling that I'll be designing my own planner pages for next year. There are pages to help you track absolutely everything ever, but I don't think there's one set that'll cover managing a house and blog, designing quilts, and also homeschool schedules for three kids. I'm sure I can come up with something that will work very well!

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric used this week: 1 3/4 yards
Fabric used year to date: 1 3/4 yards
Fabric added this week:  0 yards
Fabric added year  to date: 0 yards
Net used for 2015: 1 3/4 yards

Yarn used this Week: 0  yards
Yarn used year to Date: 0 yards
Yarn added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net added for 2015: 0 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

Charlene S said...

Designing your own seems like a great idea. Good luck with it.

Dar said...

I feel your pain about finding a good planner - that was at a decent price. I went through the motions of trying to remember where I got mine last year and guess they were all sold out at every shop I tried. I refused to pay upward of $20 for a good simple planner. I got a fancy one from a friend for Christmas, but I wanted to use that for my quilting business exclusively. But, guess what -- it is now my one and only planner for my entire busy schedules, no matter what it is!
I like your idea of creating your own to suit your needs.

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle, you might be interested in a design-your-own planner system called bullet journal (you can do an Internet search for more info). It doesn't take any fancy supplies, just a plain inexpensive notebook of your own choice.

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

I know what you have been experiencing. I started with getting a planner I like and realized that it wasn't going to fulfill my needs and like the comment before, I found out about the bullet journal system. I tweaked it to fix me. I just got done writing a post yesterday a little about how.
Do a search on Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube or Facebook and see if that is something that might work for you too. I just love it is working out for me.

Nancy said...

You might be able to print one of the calendar's from here. http://www.practicallyfunctional.com/so-creative-21-ways-to-get-organized-for-the-new-year/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails