Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Cutting Things Down to Size


I took a deep breath. I checked and double checked my measurements. And I cut one of the embroidered blocks wrong. You can just see the seam where I had to add more fabric and then readjust it so that the embroidered bit wouldn't be way off center.

I'm telling myself that the quilting will hide it and once the finished piece is hanging on my kitchen wall, I'll forget about my little mistake. Because the alternative is leaving it in a drawer until I redo the embroidered block and I'm not about to do that!

This little quilt is just for me and I am not a perfectionist.

7 comments:

Tamera said...

I think it adds to it! It's an old-timey looking quilt, so an extra seam is awesome!

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

This happens to me so often that I have a sign in my sewing room stating: "I see the screw-up fairy has been here again!" Still, it doesn't detract from this little gem one bit so quilt on!

Briarose said...

IT WILL BE LESS NOTICABLE WHEN YOU ADD THE BINDING. LOOKS FABULOUS!

Angie in SoCal said...

I could bare see it. Gives it an antique look.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I think it looks adorable.

Rhonda D. said...

Absolutely love this! Where did you get your embroidery patterns from? Thanks!

the zen quilter said...

The quilting will definitely hide it and it is very nicely done. I love the embroidery.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails