Sunday, April 26, 2015

A Day at the Quilt Show

Mom and I spent Thursday at the quilt show in Rickreall. Except for Sisters, I haven't been to a quilt show in years. The last time I made it to this one was in 2009 -- and when I wrote about it, I said that my quilt show days were probably numbered


This year, I left the kids at home -- one of the perks of having a responsible older teenager. While she's still living at home, I'm going to enjoy the stolen moments of freedom.


The quilts were gorgeous. I've got a stronger urge than ever to make Calendula Patterdrip's Cottage, but I really can't justify starting another witch quilt, or Crabapple Hill quilt, until I at least finish stitching the blocks for Hocuspocusville

And I came home with some fabric. This panel is from the Princess on a Pea Around the World collection by Denyse Klette and I just can't get over the colors. 



Look at the lanterns!


And the mason jar full of fireflies....


I'm not sure how I'm going to turn this one into a quilt. This panel, which has six old sewing machines all surrounded by wonderful notions and sewing goodies knows exactly what it wants to be when it gets sewn together.



Weekly Stash Report 

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 2 1/2 yards
Added this Week: 5 yards
Added Year to Date: 41 yards
Net Added for 2015: 38 1/2 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 400 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 2800 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 2065 yards
Net Used for 2015:  735 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Very fun panels!

Anonymous said...

You could even mount the panel on canvas and hang it. Never saw a panel like that before. Very nice.

D Klette said...

I'm glad you like my art
Denyse

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails