Wednesday, April 08, 2015

{Yarn Along} The Dragging Around Socks


These socks have been to classes and appointments and everyplace else. I should have added stitches to the cuff (extra annoying because I knew better and still didn't do it), so Teenage Daughter is going to have another pair for her collection. That's okay, because I'm knitting more than enough pairs for both of us to have plenty.



I can't remember how I wound up checking out Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty. It was there at the library with the rest of our reserves and I almost put it right back into the return bin because I couldn't remember requesting it and I'd wound up with the large print version by mistake. (The new online card catalog and I do not play well together.)

I took it home and started reading and I'm so glad I didn't put it back because this book and its tangle of events and its conclusion are so absolutely perfect that I still can't get over it.  Don't you love books that make you feel like that?

This is one of those books that opens with the news that something Really Bad has happened and then takes you back to the beginning. I've read a lot of those lately. Part of me enjoys them and part of me gets really impatient waiting to find out what the bad thing even is. In this book, you know that something awful happened at the preschool's trivia night.  Beetween the chapters, little snippets from interviews conducted after the tragedy hint at what happened.

I found myself really liking the three mothers in the book (which is rare for me) and really dreading something bad happening to any of them. I can't tell you any more than that without spoiling the fun.

For more pretty knitting projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times.


 





2 comments:

Judy S. said...

Nice sock! That book sounds interesting, too.

Lucy Bowen said...

Love the sock, such nice colours.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails