Sunday, February 22, 2015

I did need that after all!

Last spring, I bought yardage for a specific quilt. I was going to work on that one while Hubby healed from his surgery.  The challenge was going to help distract me from all of the other stuff that was going on.



It was a great plan, until I actually read the pattern. The block construction was tricky and I couldn't work out how to cut pieces for just a trial block. I'm not naming that quilt here, because I still plan to tackle it someday. Lots of other quilters have made it successfully. The pattern wasn't the problem. It was me and the mood I was in.

I regretted that fabric purchase, even though I knew I'd  wind up using it for something else sooner or later. It added to my fabric bought for the year and just bugged me.

Turns out that fabric is exactly what I needed for Teenage Daughter's nail polish quilt. Two different greys, black, white... It's allowing me to make that quilt from stash.

My reaction to fabric and yarn is usually that I can use it for something sooner or later. It sure feels good when that's actually true!

Weekly Stash Report 

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 2 1/2 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 34 yards
Net Added for 2014: 31 1/2 yards

Yarn Used this Week:   0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 1600 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net Used for 2014: 1600 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

Dar said...

It's good when you actually can use purchased fabric for another project when the original plan gets interrupted. That's how I got so much stash. Now I'm on a fabric diet big time!

Kate said...

Congrats on finding new project for last year's stash additions.

Scooquilt said...

Its nice to be able to make a quilt completely from stash, isn't it? You seem to be knitting more than sewing... Have a great week!

Kalicocreations said...

I love it when I can make a quilt from stash. I am glad you were able to re-purpose the fabric.
Terry

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails