Thursday, November 27, 2014

Meet Ansel!



I wanted to name this quilt after a photographer, and Ansel Adams was the first one to come to mind. Actually, the only other one who came to mind was Matthew Brady, and his subject matter was pretty grim, so Ansel it is!


The pattern is Click! and it's in the August 2013 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting. I bought the magazine because I loved the quilt, then decided that even though I wanted to make it, it probably wasn't a quilt I needed to have in my house forever.

As written, the pattern alternates light and dark cameras. I made all of mine dark and added sashing to separate them. The camera prints are raided from my other projects. The backing is a polka dot print that Mary Ellen sent me earlier this year. All of the grey for the lenses and camera buttons is leftover bits from the backing of Dashes in the Woods, because I never throw good fabric away. It may take a while before I figure out where it belongs, but there's almost always something I can do with it.

For more finishes, check out Sew Much AdoFinish it Up FridayCan I get a Whoop Whoop?,  and Freedom FridaysWonderful at Home, Make it Monday and Inspired Friday.

4 comments:

Toni Macomb said...

Love the name! Totally appropriate! Love the quilt. Happy Thanksgiving!

Regina said...

Love your version. I did one of these as a donation for a fundraiser at the school I work at- and used photographs from the campus iron on transferred into the lenses. I also used one on a memory quilt for a teacher - and put his old yearbook photo in the lens of the block. So many possibilities -and it is such a quick and easy block to make!

Jo said...

CUTE!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

It's super cute! I like your take on it. And a great name. I can't came up with any other photographer name either. Oh, Dorothea Lange. Phew.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails