Friday, January 31, 2014

Let's Make Baby Quilts! {1/31/14}

Do you use applique on your baby quilts? I've been swooning over some of the cutest baby quilts this week. It's amazing what a touch of applique can do!

This adorable patchwork elephant quilt is by Christine from Grapes and Hearts.
Kristin from Sew Mama Sew made this tricycle quilt with the Jelly Roll Jam pattern from Fat Quarter Shop and then created the tricycle applique to personalize it for the baby of a competetive cyclist.


Before I started putting together the baby quilt tutorials, I made this mouse quilt to use up two yards of a cute novelty print. It's not hard at all to enlarge an element of the printinto an applique pattern -- I wrote up some instructions this week if you want to try it yourself.


This week, I'm linking up to Anything Goes at Kathe with an E.

Let's Make Baby Quilts Linky Party Rules: 

Link directly to your post or specific Flickr photo. Your post can be about a baby quilt that's finished, or in progress, or you can be writing about what you have planned, but it's got to be about baby quilts. While we're still gathering steam, you're welcome to link to baby quilt posts that aren't brand new, but please don't submit the same post or picture more than once. I'd love it if you linked back to my site, either with a text link or the Let's Make Baby Quilts! button






6 comments:

KaHolly said...

They are all wonderful and very inspirational. Thanks for taking the time to do up the tutorial.

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Such cute quilts! I just love the colors used in the elephant quilt! Such unique toned down brights. Darling little mouse quilt also!

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

I don't put applique on baby quilts because my thinking is they'll be washed a lot and the applique will fray and fall off pretty quickly. I do embellish with machine embroidery quite a bit tho thinking that it might be more durable. I do love the look of those applique quilts, no question all are adorable!

DaisyLiz said...

I need to do more appliqué - it's such a great way to add some character!

Anonymous said...

Very fun! You and I had similar inspiration on our elephant quilts. Love yours! -Letty

grapes and hearts said...

Thanks for the shout out, Michelle!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails