Thursday, May 14, 2009

I have enough blocks this time! Monday afternoon, I sewed the last triangles onto my Weed Whacker strips and got them pieced into blocks. It was a couple more days before I found the time to press the last bunch of blocks and the courage to actually count them. I needed forty-eight.

Assuming that I counted right -- and I was VERY careful this time around -- I've got fifty-one. Hooray!

I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to get the top assembled, but right now I'm content just to have the blocks done. This hasn't been the most fun quilt ever. It's not the horrible waste of perfectly good green fabric that I started to fear I was making, but I'm not in love with it. It will look better once the blocks are assembled into a top. And better than that once it's quilted.

The problem with that plan is I'm going to quilt the tops I love first, so who knows when this poor thing will gets its turn. I don't have a whole lot of time to play right now, let alone worry about when I'm going to get a free day to drive up and use the long arm.

This forced semi-no buy is going better than I thought it would. With eleven days left in the month, I've spent --

  • less than $2.00 on postage for a fabric trade
  • $5.00 on a big box of calico from a yard sale
  • $1.50 on thrift store shirts in really good colors
  • $3.79 on muslin so I can make more little curved blocks and a fat quarter for the Bento Box
  • $6.17 for Scrap Basket Surprises by Kim Brackett

    I think that's a respectable job of keeping my spending in check. Not good enough for me to buy that bobbin case when the month's up, but bad enough to be ashamed of either.
  • No comments:


    Related Posts with Thumbnails