Wednesday, February 01, 2017

{Yarn Along} Blue and White Mystery Socks

I didn't know what this skein of sock yarn was supposed to do, but I'm happy with the way it turned out. They're pretty, and different than the dozens of other pairs of socks I've knit over the past few years. 

Socks from an Unidentified Skein of Blue and White Opal Sock Yarn

There are a bunch of great new cozy mysteries out this week --



Larissa Reinhart has a new series out and I'm loving the heroine, Maizie Albright. (She's even more fun than Cherry Tucker!) A former child star who wants to become a private investigator just like the one she played as a teenager, Maizie is determined to get her life in order. It doesn't help when her former manager shows up with the cast and crew of her reality show, insisting on another season even though participating would violate Maizie's probation. And it really doesn't help when  the woman Maizie is supposed to be following vanishes without a trace. I can't wait for the next book in the series. Maizie and her new friends are entertaining, the chemistry between her and her reluctant boss is fantastic, and her father made his money by inventing deer pee-scented hunting gear. What's not to love?



Storage auction? Carousel horse? Those two elements were more than enough to inspire me to pick up Murder Go Round by Carol J. Perry. Thinking it will be fun, Lee Barrett and her aunt go to a storage auction and buy an abandoned locker that turns out to be filled with some terrific antiques. Beyond their historical interest, something about the items makes them desirable to kill for. I didn't realize that it was the fourth book in the series, but it was easy enough to figure out who the characters were and what was going on in their lives.  The mystery is complex and entertaining. I'll definitely be going back to read the rest of the series!




Unlike the first two books in the series, A Palette for Murder by Sybil Johnson doesn't motivate me to take up tole painting. It did keep me guessing about Rory's homeless friend Kit and what had happened to him. The mystery wasn't what I expected from this series, but it kept me turning pages and guessing until the end.

Disclosure -- I was provided with an advance review copies by the publishers. All opinions are my own. This post is linked to Patchwork Times, Yarn Along, Crazy Mom Quilts , Wrap up Friday  

2 comments:

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Oh aren't they pretty - what a gorgeous pair of socks :)

Dar said...

I love the way your socks turned out. The pattern is so interesting the way it turned out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails