Saturday, February 04, 2017

The Pho Cookbook



Pho is one of the things my husband discovered and introduced me to. We've had it at four or five different restaurants and made our own from scratch. After the experience of making it -- not to mention how quickly the family ate up our hours of hard work and how there were absolutely no leftovers -- I'd pretty much decided that it was easier to just go out to eat.

The Pho Cookbook by Andrea Nguyen has me rethinking that. This book is filled with so much detail that it's a bit overwhelming, but if I take it one recipe at a time I can probably pull at least some of this off. The author includes recipes for a wide range of techniques -- everything from a quick pho that uses store bought broth, to speeding things up with a pressure cooker, to more traditional methods of making pho. She suggests different brands of the ingredients tells you where to look for them, and gives some options for substitutions if you don't have access to specialty stores.

I'm excited about this book! It doesn't hurt that when she recommended using muslin to strain the broth she said to use the kind that's "suitable for lining quilts." I'm taking that as a good sign.

Disclosure - The publisher sent me an advance review copy. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails