Monday, February 13, 2017

The More Pieces, the Better... Even Half Square Triangles

Anything beyond a single block with a dozen pieces used to intimidate me. I've gotten over that.


My patience has increased and my resistance to peer pressure has decreased. So when Jo says that 880 half square triangles are worth it -- and I see the quilt -- I start cutting. I think I've got half of them done, but they're not all pressed and trimmed.

This has actually been the perfect project over the past couple of weeks, when my heart hasn't been into being creative but I've been determined to get some quilting done. I'm making progress which I know will pay off, but there aren't any big decisions involved at this point. Just one really short seam at a time. And I'm sewing all of the neutrals to the same solid, so there's not even color placement to fuss over.

This is calming. And it has all of the relaxing effects of fancier piecing.

3 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Mindless sewing is a great way to settle ones soul.

Churn Dash said...

I'm not sure where the quilt is going, but I understand needing something to sew without needing to think.

Helen

Kate said...

You got lots done!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails