Wednesday, June 17, 2015

{Yarn Along} Third Time's the Charm!


This is the third time I've cast on with this yarn. The first time, I thought it might pool for Judy's challenge but decided that the colors were subtle enough to deserve some texture. The second time was with an eyelet rib. It was pretty enough, but I got distracted, lost my notes to myself and forgot which stitch pattern I was using.  Instead of guessing and getting it wrong, I unraveled half a sock.

Now, I'm very glad I did because this yarn and this stitch pattern are making something absolutely wonderful. And I've almost got the sizing right.



I remember liking the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, so I happily downloaded The Truth According to Us onto my Kindle. In an attempt to teach his spoiled daughter a lesson, Layla Beck's father packs her off off to Macedonia West Virginia to work on the Federal Writer's Project. Watching Layla grow accustomed to life in the Romeyn household and learn the actual details of Macedonia's history (as opposed to the ones that the town leaders want her to include in her book) was interesting, but the book is long and moves at a very leisurely pace.

For more pretty knitting projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times.

Disclosure - the publisher provided me with an ARC 

3 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

You are so right Michelle! These socks are gorgeous!!!!

Lucy Bowen said...

They are gorgeous, you were right to go back.

Dar said...

Ooooh, I love the color and pattern in those socks. So soft looking too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails