Wednesday, June 10, 2015

{Yarn Along} Fishernetze

With the owl socks finally done, it was time to find something new and complicated to cast on. Fishernetze, a free Ravelry download, looked like it fit the bill.



Except this gorgeous combination of lace and cables isn't all that complicated. It's fun to knit, but I might be able to make this one my nightly with-other-people-in-the-room knitting, if I can find my magnetic chart keeper.

A few weeks back, Teenage Daughter and I finally got the chance to watch Big Eyes.  Both of us really liked the movie and I wanted to find out more about the story behind it so I reserved Citizen Keane: The Big Lies Behind the Big Eyes from the library. With explanations of how heavy drinking was viewed differently in the 1950s and how college courses considered suitable for women in the late 1930s differ from today, I can't figure out who the target audience of this book is. The writing style was hard to wade through and I really don't know any more than I did after watching the movie.

For more pretty knitting projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

Becki said...

It looks adequately complicated to me. ;^) Very pretty colors, too.

Judy S. said...

Thanks for the link; these are pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails