Tuesday, April 14, 2015

{Yarn Along} With Vics You Get Eggroll


This (Owlie Socks by Julie Elswick Suchomel, a free Ravelry download) is the most intricate and complicated knitting I've done in years -- and now I get to do the whole thing over again because socks come in pairs.  I'm feeling less than motivated because I guessed wrong on the sizing and these are going to wind up on Teenage Daughter's feet, not my own.




Diane Vallere's Mad for Mod mystery series is a lot of fun. With Vics You Get Eggroll is the latest book featuring Madison Night, an interior decorator who models her life after Doris Day movies. The book opens with a police chase and doesn't slow much after that. It had been a while since I watched a Doris Day movie, but I caught the last few minutes of one on TV not long before reading this book. Having the real thing fresh in my mind definitely added to the experience.

I'd recommend starting this series with the first book. I read the first two out of order and got thoroughly confused. Madison is changing and her relationships are developing. There's one romantic scene in this book that absolutely melted my heart and guarantees I'll be watching for the next one. (That Touch of Ink, the second book in the series, is available as a Kindle download right now for ninety-nine cents. Amazon prices change fast, so make sure to check before clicking the purchase button.)


For more pretty knitting projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times.


 Disclosure - The publisher provided me with an ARC. 

2 comments:

holdenj said...

This is a fun series. I have really enjoyed reading it, learning a bit about Doris Day and mid-century design along the way!

Unknown said...

lovely looking sock, what a shame that you won't get to keep them. Your daughter is very lucky :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails