Thursday, April 23, 2015

Thrift Store (almost) Temptations...

Teenage Daughter needs the perfect pair of shoes for a costume, so we've been stopping at all of the thrift stores. Three pairs of shoes and a glorious coat full length black coat later, she's still looking.

Did you realize that the Goodwill Outlet sells shoes by the pound, and that there are plenty of cute pairs to be found if you're a size 8 1/2?

While my girl tried on shoes, I wandered and tried not to look at anything I'd want to buy for myself.


I could see myself rescuing this poor baby. It was in such sad shape, missing all of the knobs and buttons, but it was only ten bucks and I've never seen anything like it at the bins. Someone who isn't me will find it and do something wonderful, I'm sure. And one of these days, Hubby and I will decide what to do with the old radio we've got out in the barn.


I've never  seen a bar like this at the bins -- or anyplace else for that matter. My father's parents had a bar down in their basement, with a mirror and shelves. As a kid, it's existence baffled me. Now, it baffles me even more and I wish there were pictures.

This one was only fifteen bucks -- and that's a turntable and an 8-track tape player hidden in the back. I've got faith that someone will rescue it and do something Pinterest worthy.


If you know what these bars were actually called, please let me go. I'm trying to find pictures of something like the one Grandma and Grandpa had, but I must be using the wrong terminology.

This post is linked to Fabulous Friday, Treasure Hunt Thursday, Share Your Cup

5 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

You had a fun day, I had a big long bar in my basement in NY - it was made of knotty pine.

mothers shadow said...

How fun for you and your daughter! I did not know the shoes were sold by the pound - that's very cool. Stopping by from Fabulous Friday Party. Carrie, A Mother's Shadow

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Sounds like you have had a fun trip walking down memory lane while shopping for shoes for your daughter. Thrift stores do that for me often. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Pamela said...

It is always so much fun to treasure hunt. Thanx so much for sharing at THT!

Maria said...

Hey friend, just wanted to tell you that Fabulous Friday will be next Friday. I just moved into my new home and its been chaotic, so i had to postponed it, Love your blog and the quilts
Hugs
Maria

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails