For the past couple of weeks, Teenage Daughter has been using a fancy shampoo bar she bought at Lush. So far she's liking it, but the bar has started to crumble a bit and she was looking for the best way to make it last as long as possible.
One of the first projects I made after I started this blog was a felted bar of soap. For that one, I think I used roving, but it was easier to send her out to the sewing room to find me anything that would felt.
"Anything" turned out to be some black Lopi. (I think she was being careful not to pick anything important.
I slid my current project to the center of its long circular needle and used the end to make a garter stitch rectangle just big enough to encase the shampoo bar. I suppose I could have moved the tips to a shorter cable, but that didn't occur to me until I was typing this.
It's not the most photogenic project, but it'll do the job and my child is happy.
This post is linked to Tatertots and Jello, Finish it Up Friday, I Heart Naptime,