Sunday, March 01, 2015

Weekly Stash Report

Last week, I replaced the blades in my rotary cutters with brand new ones. I resharpen and resharpen, but I can't find the little blue sharpener and it's been a long time since I bought brand new blades, because those just aren't a fun thing to spend the quilting budget on.

Cutting is suddenly much, much easier.  Now I'm trying to avoid Joanns because I need a bit of solid yardage and some fusible interfacing for a project I've been planning for years. Why couldn't I have decided that I needed those last week?

Or that I needed pieces for a new tote bag?

I have lots and lots of random bits of stuff in my sewing room, but I'm pretty sure I don't have any swivel hooks or D rings. That's a shame, because I'd really love to make this Foldover Tote. It looks like it would be perfect for running errands. Maybe I could do as much as possible without the rings and finish it after my next trip to town? (This kind of reminds me of my hunt for lucite rings so I could make a dumpling bag. I never did find those rings, but I did make three or four of the bags...maybe I've got something around here I can steal swivel hooks from...)

I don't have time for another trip to the store. And, even if I did, the odds are that if I ran out and bought supplies right now, something else would catch my eye before I started either of the projects.

It's slightly more likely that I've got the right colors of felt to make an embroidered felt squirrel jigsaw puzzle.

And I absolutely must, must, must make myself a typewriter quilt when Heidi from Fabric Mutt posts the tutorial. Not sure what fabric I'll use, but something in the sewing room is bound to work.

Weekly Stash Report 

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 2 1/2 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 34 yards
Net Added for 2015: 31 1/2 yards

Yarn Used this Week:  400 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 2000 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net Used for 2015: 2000 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Are these numbers both for 2014 or 2014

Sharon said...


2014 and 2015

Michelle said...

That would be 2015.

Kate said...

You've done really well with the yarn stash. Harder to do well on fabric when there is such fun new stuff out there all the time.

Kalicocreations said...

I love a new blade. I try to pick mine up when they are 50% off at Hancock's or Joann's.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails