Wednesday, November 12, 2014

{Yarn Along} Which Project?

I pulled out the Mock Croc Socks, which I'd set aside halfway through the heel flap. That shouldn't be a problem, but after twenty minutes I was feeling tortured. So I pulled out the squid and spent a couple of hours knitting plain stockinette rounds. Not sure why, but wrestling the squid was a lot more fun. And I've got the latest pair of socks for when Hubby is home because I just can't bring myself to explain why I'm knitting a giant squid. 


The next two pairs of socks are chosen. This yarn's been in my stash for years, but I couldn't lay my hands on it until this week because it was hiding in forgotten knitting bags. I'm really loving my yarn stash these days. Sooner or later, a pretty new colorway will catch my eye -- and I'll totally be able to justify it because this year I'm making a much needed dent! 




Kicked to the Curb has been out for a a while now, but I just got the chance to buy a copy and read it.(Mostly because the author, Joanna Campbell Slan is guest posting for me tomorrow and I wanted to be able to say something about the book!)  I've been wanting to read this one ever since she started posting pictures of her dollhouse miniatures on her facebook page and motivated me to pull my own dollhouse furniture out of the attic.  A new character in the series makes miniatures, but they aren't a major element in the plot. The mystery deals with the theft of some historic photographs that Cara Mia is displaying at The Treasure Chest and a body found in the trunk of a car abandoned behind the Gas E. Bait across the street. It's a fun series, and I can't wait for the next book.

For more pretty knitting projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

The Slow Quilter said...

I have not knitted in a long time like when I was in elementary school. Anyway I have started on make socks, circular needle toe up. Loving it and hope to finish the one sock by Xmas.

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

Lovely - I am slightly addicted to sock yarn, can't get enough of all the gorgeous colours!

krislovesfabric said...

I love the giant squid :)

Dar said...

I really like the stash yarn that is for your upcoming socks. I'm also addicted to sock knitting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails