Thursday, November 20, 2014

Meet Levi!

Most of my baby quilts start with the question "What if?"


This time, I was wondering what would happen if I took that pieced border that I'm loving so much from Jo's Chocolate covered Cherries pattern and made a two color baby quilt. I used 2 1/2" cut squares instead of the 2" squares the pattern calls for and left out the alternate blocks.

I couldn't be happier with the results!

The solid blue is from a sheet that we bought for Teenage Daughter's Halloween costume after she'd stolen one sheet from my stash and decided that one was too purply. This one was almost the right shade....but not as good as another stash sheet that I'd set aside to back her brother's quilt.  The backing is one of the lovely baby prints that Mary Ellen sent me earlier this year.


For more finishes, check out Sew Much AdoFinish it Up FridayCan I get a Whoop Whoop?,  and Freedom FridaysWonderful at Home, Make it Monday and Inspired Friday.

4 comments:

Kristie said...

Now that's cute!!! My sister is having a girl in April so I am planning on several quilts for her. This would also be cute in pink or purple. :)

BTW...I use sheets all of the time for backings.
Kristie

Norece said...

So very cute - I am going to have to make one! Thanks for the tutorial.

harknessangels said...

I love it! I have not attempted to learn to quilt yet, but I am inspired when I see quilts like this one!

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

Gorgeous quilt! Keep wondering What if...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails