Wednesday, July 16, 2014

{Yarn Along} Another Pair of Socks


I think I'm getting to the point where I could wear nothing buy hand-knit socks, if it wasn't so easy to grab a pair of Hubby's from the clean laundry hamper! These are knit in Regia Surf, which I posted about last week



Mission to Murder
is the second Tourist Trap mystery by Lynn Cahoon. This isn't a series that I could easily jump into with the second book.

Here's the book's description from Amazon:

Jill Gardner, proprietor of Coffee, Books, and More, has discovered that the old stone wall on her property might be a centuries-old mission worthy of being declared a landmark. But Craig Thomas, the obnoxious owner of South Cove's most popular tourist spot, The Castle, makes it his business to contest her claim. When Thomas is found murdered at The Castle shortly after a heated argument with Jill, even her detective boyfriend has to ask her for an alibi. Jill decides she must find the real murderer to clear her name. But when the killer comes for her, she'll need to jump from historic preservation to self-preservation. 

There's conflict over Jill's stone wall and whether it's truly part of the old mission, but no real explanation beyond that. I also never figured out quite what The Castle was, or why it was such a popular tourist destination. (I'm guessing that was all explained in the first book.) After finishing the book, I feel like I came in in the middle and left before it was all over. And I'm not excited enough about the characters to go back and find the first book.

I'm also reading Incubus by Ann Arensberg. A horror novel set in 1975, the story is unfolding slowly and this book has the feel of something written a few decades ago. (It's exactly what I loved so much about Harvest Home.)

For more fun projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times and Work in Progress Wednesdays at Tami's AmisFor more finishes, check out  Sew Much AdoFinish it Up FridayCan I get a Whoop Whoop? , and Freedom FridaysWonderful at Home, and Inspired Friday.


Disclosure -- The publisher provided me with an advance ARC.

2 comments:

Toni Macomb said...

I love seeing your socks! Tell me, which pattern do you use over and over again? I've made two pair, after taking a class, with regular weight yarn. I'm ready to move on to something else. Yarn and pattern. I asked at the yarn shop, and not to complain, as I've moved to another state and no longer a customer (maybe I'm cynical), for a recommendation and was told "just go to Ravelry." I was hoping for a little more direction! Anyway, a pattern suggestion for a newer sock knitter would be appreciated! Cheers! Toni

Dar said...

I agree those are cute socks. I'm with Toni in wanting to know the pattern you use that's so easy to remember. It appears it's a toe up pattern (which I havent tried yet.) I know I've probably asked before, but your preference -- dpns 0 4 or 5, or circular 1 or two needles? Love seeing all the ones you do either way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails