Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Meet Trevor!


I found one strip of this wonderful animal print in a thrift store scrap bag. The blue and green solids all came from different bags, but they went together so I kitted it all up and waited for inspiration. There was such a limited amount of the animal print and I didn't want any of it to go to waste...



The Flexi Strip Baby Quilt Tutorial from Sew in Peace was exactly the idea I needed. It calls for three strips of the focus fabric, but I worked with what I had, squaring up the animal print and making the rest of the quilt to work around that piece.

For more finishes, check out  Sew Much AdoFinish it Up FridayCan I get a Whoop Whoop? , and Freedom FridaysWonderful at Home, and Inspired Friday.

7 comments:

Marlene said...

Love how you adapted the pattern to use what you had. I love the end result.

Norece said...

You find the best fabric at thrift shops. I never do....

Trevor is one cute quilt. Thanks for the link.

Anikó said...

that's a great looking blanket! love the way you made the whole strip of your precious fabric work. i used to have a little piece of this Alexander Henry print in a pink colourway, i know its charm and know exactly what you mean by not wanting to waste any of it.

Jo said...

WOW..how cute but so simple!!

Lana said...

That is a very classic animal print! and you showcased it sooo nicely!!!

Carol said...

That's a cute way to use a large feature print....I like it. And a pretty fast quilt too!

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Hi Trevor! Great work with the adapting of the quilt pattern - the animal print is really lovely and you have showed it off well!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails