Sunday, July 13, 2014

I can see!



I love needlework and intricate lace knitting, but I've had this problem for the past year or so. I could see my yarn and those itty-bitty stitches just fine, but when I looked back up at the rest of the room, it took a few minutes for everything else to come back into focus.  I solved the problem by not looking up until I absolutely had to. I'd still be avoiding the issue, but the anti-reflective coating on my  glasses was peeling off and there's a point where you just can't look through scratches anymore.

It turned out that my prescription for distance had changed just a bit. I didn't need bifocals, just a slightly different prescription.  I put off new glasses for another four months, mostly because I couldn't find a pair I liked. Now I have a brand new pair that I don't really like -- but I do love being able to see my stitching and the rest of the world!  I'd been going in for regular exams. This was a combination of a change in vision that hadn't changed my prescription and a later change in vision piled on top of that.

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 11 3/4 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 45 yards
Net Added for 2014: 33 1/4 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 3375 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 1500 yards
Net Used for 2014: 1875 yards

I'm linking up to Patchwork Times.

6 comments:

Libby in TN said...

It's amazing what a difference good vision can make in all phases of life. Even with trifocals sometime I have to get out a magnifying glass to read the fine print.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Glasses with the correct prescription can make all the difference in the world!

Like Libby, I have trouble sometimes reading fine print ... and would love a stronger bifocal prescription for that and close work. I see well enough to hand stitch but it could be a little better if I had my druthers. I wish I could still wear my bifocal contacts because then I could just wear an inexpensive pair of readers when needing to read tiny print or work even closer.

Terri said...

That started to happen to me, too, just about the time I became Diabetic.... you should check that out.
Hugs

Kate said...

Nothing worse than not being able to see clearly. Getting older sure doesn't help any.

You've done some great yarn stash busting this year.

KaHolly said...

Ha! Sure have been there! A few times! Glad you finally got new glasses. It makes all the difference in the world!

CathieJ said...

I have always had glasses for distance (even had contacts for many years), but I never needed anything to stitch or read. I have had progressive bifocal lenses for many years with basically a clear bottom so that I could craft while still being able to look up and see the TV. I love them even though I now need a slight prescription for stitching also. So glad you can see now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails