Sunday, July 27, 2014

Have you seen The Purge?

Not that awful movie with the same name -- this purge, dreamed up by Rachel at Stitched in Color,  which involves fabric and going through your stash and finding wonderful things to do with it.

the Purge

I'm hopping on this bandwagon late, but better late than never and there's a lot of inspiration to be found over at her site.

Weekly Stash Report 

I had to buy more yarn for Squidpocalypse and found out that hard way that Red Heart with Love is substatially more expensive than Red Heart Super Saver, which is what I thought I was buying when I grabbed the skein I needed for the inner side of the tentacles. And of course Walmart doesn't carry that color a couple of months later, so I wound up paying even more for the two additional skeins that I needed.

Fabric Used this Week: 1 3/4 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 15 3/4 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 48 yards
Net Added for 2014: 32 1/4 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 3775 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 1100 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 2610 yards
Net Used for 2014: 1165 yards

3 comments:

June said...

Yesterday I discovered that the "love" yarn is now 6 oz instead of 7 oz. Thanks Walmart, grrrrr!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting about the purge. I'm going to check that out. ~Melanie @ 1000Needles.com

kwiltnkats said...

The Purge sounds like a great way to build up the numbers in the USED category. Anxious to see how it works for you. Sandi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails