Thursday, July 04, 2013

Rose Ribbons Shawl -- Finished!


My Rose Ribbons Shawl is proof that half forgotten stash isn't always a bad thing. I bought Knitting Lace Triangles by Evelyn A. Clark back in 2009 (the print version of the book is no longer available, but there's an electronic download available on Ravelry), planning to cast on for the Sand Dollar shawl as soon as we got home. It was the perfect project for some yarn I'd bought at the Brown Sheep outlet the previous summer. But then there were other things to knit, and quilts to piece...that's the way it usually goes.

After I finished Treads in January, I wanted another halfway challenging project. I pulled out the book, and some skeins of Cotton-Ease that I'd bought on sale a few years back, and cast on. That old stash does get used. Sometimes not for what I'd bought it for, but if I use it for a project I love, I'm happy.
 

Pattern: Rose Ribbons Shawl by Evelyn A. Clark
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton-Ease, Taupe, 2 1/2 skeins
Needles: vintage nylon circular, probably size 8 
 

Now I've got a fabulously warm shawl to snuggle up in -- and the temperature is in the nineties.

I'll be linking up to Finish it Up Friday, Can I get a Whoop Whoop?Get Crafty Fridays, and Freedom Fridays.

17 comments:

Hilachas said...

What a beautiful shawl! Reminds me that some day I want to get back to my crochet. I love crocheting but I love quilting too and so it goes....

usagypsy said...

Beautiful! I have such trouble knitting lacy patterns! I always lose track! I want to do shawls like this...so pretty! Love the color too. My goal this year was to use up some of my stash. Haven't really done much, but the year isn't up yet :)

Nicole said...

Lol! Even though it's hot now, you'll be prepared for cooler days ahead. Beautiful job!

Teresa in Music City said...

It's a beautiful finish Michelle! So far I have avoided growing a yarn stash - my fabric stash is big enough!

sklinn62 said...

How beautiful!

Shauna said...

Lovely!

Judy S. said...

Very nice! That is a pretty pattern.

Michelle@factotum-of-arts.com said...

It will be a great wear in the fall. not long to go now only a couple of months. Very pretty finish.

Anita said...

What a beautiful shawl, love the
pattern. Handy for the cold season.
Cheers, Anita.

LiteraryLadybug said...

Lovely!

tink's mom said...

Beautiful Shawl. Congrats on going back to and finishing a project.

Dar said...

Very pretty shawl. I can see this in many colors that I would like to try, but I best keep on getting my quilts finished first!

Pearlin J said...

Ooo soo beautiful!

KaHolly said...

Oh, Michelle, it's just beautiful! You did an amazing job! Now I wish I hadn't left my almost completed shawl behind when I left TX! I figured it was getting too bulky for travel and I'd finish it when I returned next winter. Love the pattern and the color you chose!!

Annie said...

That's a beautiful shawl. Well done on a finish!

Kymberly said...

Lovely shawl. The nights will get cool soon (I hope) and then you'll be able to use it in the evenings.

Sarah Craig said...

Michelle, that's beautiful - and just imagine how far of the curve you are! By the time it gets cold, you'll be all set!! Whoop whoop!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails