Sunday, July 21, 2013

I've been shopping my stash

I found a few minutes to slip up to the sewing room yesterday and grab the fabric I want to back this week's baby quilt with. It was there in the box with the other baby quilt backings, right next to a different print that I think I'm going to use instead.

Robot dinosaurs. I don't know when I'm going to make another top that will go with robot dinosaurs, so I'm using 'em up while I've got the chance.
 
And while I was up there, I grabbed this stack of four inch gingham squares. They're from the thrift store bags and I'm sure they'll make a nifty baby quilt.
 

I cast on the second sock from the pair I showed you last week and now I'm turning the heel... stockinette socks are great for keeping your hands busy while you're pretending to watch television. I knew I had some self-striping stuff that would be good for the next pair, but then I found this skein.

It's Opal Crocodile, which I absolutely had to have about eight years ago.  It's supposed to self-pattern into kind of a crocodile look, but after reading about knitters who had trouble getting the results they wanted, I tucked this skein into the "too special to actually use" stash.

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 46 3/4 yards
Added this Week: 1 yards
Added Year to Date: 229 1/4 yards
Net Added for 2013: 182 1/2 yards


Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 2050 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 8700 yards
Net Added for 2013: 6650 yards

To see more stash, click over to Patchwork Times and Finding Fifth.

2 comments:

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Robot dinosaurs - I am intriged!

The gingham squares look lovely for a baby quilt!

Jordan F said...

Oooh; gingham squares! That's a lot to play with. I didn't think I was a real pastel person, but I love seeing how they all work together. Gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails