Monday, July 08, 2013

a good quilt to work on when it's hot out

This little quilt is a good choice for our hot weather. I plugged in the iron for a few minutes when I was cutting the width-of-fabric strips, then again to press the strip sets open.
 

There was no need for extra heat while I was cutting the strip sets into 2 1/2" sections or sewing them together. I'll do another press of the blocks before I put the top together -- and then it'll be time to figure out another top to play with. The one I'm dreaming off is going to require a lot of time with the iron plugged in. That means early morning or late night cutting.

The pattern for this green checkerboard quilt is the same as I used for Carrie.  I'm making this one in green so I can use up an interesting piece of backing. You can find the directions for Carrie and all of the other Let's Make Baby Quilts! tutorials in the sidebar. For more design walls, click over to Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

KaHolly said...

Looking good. Can't wait to see the backing!

Tammy said...

You are teasing us with the backing...lol...Can"t wait to see what you have planned.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails