Sunday, May 27, 2012

what to do with some brown calico

After deciding that she wasn't going to use them herself, Grandma gave me a bag of large brown calico squares that someone had given her. I don't have time to do any quilting right now, but if I did, I'd be seeing if I could use them to make something like the Carpenter's Star quilt for Judy's upcoming lessons on quilting feathers. Something like hers, because I'm sure my pieces aren't the right size to do exactly what she did.

It would give me something to learn feathers on....if I can figure out what to back it with...

When you find yourself unable to quilt, does your mind race with plans and ideas and thoughts of what you want to do as soon as you can get back to the sewing machine? Or is that just me?

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 27.75 yards
Added this Week: 4 yards
Added Year to Date: 101.25 yards
Flung --36 yards (96 yards total ytd)
Net Added for 2012: 69.5 yards

1 comment:

Amy said...

I think it happens to all of us. I always think of things to do when I can't do them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails