Thursday, May 24, 2012

a good end to a bad day

It's been a miserable day. This morning, I had to drive myself to the dentist for part two of the root canal (or part five, depending on how we're counting)... and driving myself meant no Valium. I guess that worked out for the best, since I was paying enough attention to demand that he put in the permanent filling today instead of sending me home with another temporary. Unfortunately my mouth was wedged open and I couldn't say anything until after the temporary filling was in, which meant more drilling.

When that was over, I got out to the parking lot and found out that I'd left the headlights to the van on and the battery was dead.

But as bad as the day was, my mood started to lift when Bill handed me the mail.



I've been watching the post office box for these nifty beaded bookmarks and books that I won in a giveaway over at the Killer Hobbies Blog. Tonight I'm curling up under a warm quilt and losing myself in a good mystery novel. Or two.

3 comments:

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Que bom para você,eu sempre penso que nada é tão ruim que não possa melhorar,viu?Parabéns e Boa leitura.

Needled Mom said...

I'm so glad that you had a better ending to the day.

Vic in NH said...

Praying that the root canal will give no more trouble for you. Good for you for putting some positive spin on the end of the day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails