Thursday, April 02, 2009

I posted at Stashbusters about my drama with the red quilt. It made me feel so much better to have someone agree with me that it sucks to discover you're a couple of blocks short just when you thought you were almost done.

Candra suggested that I double check the sewing room, but I'm fairly sure the blocks don't exist yet. It looks like I pinned them together in stacks of eight (the number of blocks in a row) and then counted them as stacks of ten. The math works, even if I don't want to believe I did that.

Becky suggested that I use the off-center barn raising that I used for the scrappy log cabin quilts. I'm tempted, but it feels like it would cheating.

There were a couple more light reds hiding in my newest scrap bag, but to make it work right, I'll have to take apart some of the existing blocks and mix the old lights with the red ones...and I'm not sure I've got the patience for THAT, so it's going to sit for a while.

I won't have the right combination of time and floor space for at least a week. And my birthday present to myself arrived from Connecting Threads yesterday, so I've got something new and pretty to play with.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails