Friday, January 11, 2008

UFOs aren't always a bad thing

I'm so glad I didn't rip this project out two and a half years ago!

HPIM1474


Pattern: Sunshine Pullover from the Summer 1998 issue of Knitter's
Size: 4
Yarn: Lion Brand Kitchen Cotton (2 skeins green, less than half a skein of red)
Needles: Denise size 7 and 8

Both of the sleeves and the ribbing of the back were done before I decided I hated the pattern or hated the yarn or hated something far too much to ever finish it. Looking back now, I can't see what the problem was. Kitchen Cotton won't be my first choice if I happen to knit this pattern again, but other than that, finishing the front and back were easy.

What shocks me most is that before burying it in the darkest corner of my stash, I wrote down which size I was making and which size needles I'd been using. I can never manage that on projects I plan to finish, let alone the ones I'm ready to throw out!

Tonight I start the intarsia chicken sweater. I hope.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That's really a nice sweater. Glad you were able to rescue a UFO! (Ssshhh, don't tell my UFO's that, lest they start hoping . . .)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails