Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The border between what I want to knit and what I dread knitting faded again last night, and look -- it'a a finished Endpaper Mitt! I still have my doubts about the yarn and color combination, but it fits! Sort of. When I make my "real" pair, I'll use softer wool and make sure there's more contrast between the colors. And go up a needle size so they're easier to slip on and off.

blogpics 026


I was up finishing the thumb ribbing early this morning and while I'm not sure I'm excited about knitting the next one, at least I know I can do it and that I'll like the results. Alex (who took my first pair of Target Wave Mittens) wants a pair, which gives me motivation to finish these and then make a second pair. This time, though, I'm going to keep the pair that fits until I've got another pair for myself.

Unfortunately, the rest of my life isn't going nearly as well at the mitts. We're on day eleven without running water, the well is twice as deep as they thought it would need to be -- and they're still out there drilling. sigh

I'm going to bury myself in knitting and try to forget how long it's been since I had a real shower.

1 comment:

Pat said...

I LIKE the subtleness of the blue and green you used for the Endpaper Mitts - A LOT!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails