Wednesday, August 14, 2024

{I've Been Reading} Peach Tea Smash

 Peach Tea Smash by Laura Childs

Just...WOW! This kept me turning pages -- I literally read it straight through from beginning to end. After a friend's husband is murdered at the Mad Hatter Masquerade, tea shop owner Theodosia Browning starts an investigation, all while planning multiple events for her shop. The atmosphre and pace are absolutely perfect. I love Theodosia's confidence. This is the twenty-eighth book in the series, but I never felt lost even though I've only read one previous title. (After this I want to go back and catch up on what I've missed!) 

Death on a Serving Board by J. C. Eaton 

Murder, charcuterie boards, and the ghost of a food critic....Katie Aubrey has her hands full. The customers attending a class at her shop can't seem to stop squabbling over the tiniest things. An investor wants her building and won't take no for an answer. A body was found in the alley. Katie is scrambling and it makes for a fast paced, engaging plot. I definitely should have started this series with the first book, but this one is a lot of fun. And did I mention the GORGEOUS cover?  


Disclosure -- The publisher provided me with an advance review copy. 

1 comment:

Mystica said...

I’ve seen reviews on this book around

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails